Apr 16, 2018

Lost in Space (2018)

2 comments

OK, so I'm in two minds about this show. On the one hand there is much to enjoy... the production quality is pretty good, certain aspects (Robot, Mr Smith) have received a welcome update but some aspects are quite schlocky... It reminds me a little of the ill-fated 'Terra Nova' starring Stephen Lang. Really great visuals but lacking a little depth. I'm going to give the whole season a try as nothing has really zoned me out yet but I'm wondering what others think?

Nov 30, 2018Edited: Nov 30, 2018

I was enamored with the original tv series. As a departure for the series, the wife took the commanding role. The robot was much different and seemed to have less of a sense for protection for the family as a whole. The daughter and the male second in command character were played down in the film. I enjoyed the film though I yearned for a bit more of the original characterization.

This comment is in response to the movie.

Dec 16, 2018

I was lost in space, Juliette. Did Stephens have a new patio that needed paying for after Black Sails folded?

(See what I did there?)

• The skinny? Nic Cage in a rock-fuelled psychedelic horror flick. You're in, right? Right. First things First the horror. Watch the Walking Dead? This is tame in terms of gore. But what you REALLY need to know is this is Cage's best film in an age. I was in tears. Twice. If you're married watch this alone or you'll lose it. Cage's performance is incredible. Even when he 'Cage's' out you STILL sympathise. I'd do everything he does. Need more? The style is incredible too. That this is only Casmatos' 2nd feature beggers belief. If you've the emotional fortitude and a gore-proof stomach get you some. A solid 8 Abbies 😘
  • Oh dear. Why couldn't it have been Phoebe Waller-Bridge or Olivia Coleman? Female Doctor? 👍 Whittaker? 💤 And now, no new Who in 2019. No, New Year's Day does not count. I won't mention Chibnall's writing. I need a lie down. When Bradley Walsh is the best thing in a show? That's a sign of the end of days surely... A disappointing 5 Abbies 😘

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

• YouTube Social  Icon
  • Flickr Social Icon

© 2023 by Salt & Pepper. Proudly created with Wix.com